5. Select the Change account settings option and click . On the next page, select the POP or IMAP option:
stands for Post Office Protocol, and was designed as a simple way to access a remote email server. POP works by downloading your emails from your provider’s mail server and then marking them for deletion there. This means you can only ever read those email messages in that email client, on that computer. You will not be able to access any previously downloaded emails from any other device, or with any other email client, or through webmail.
stands for Internet Message Access Protocol, and was designed specifically to eliminate the limitations of POP. IMAP allows you to access your emails from any client, and any device, and webmail login at any time, until you delete them. You can also use different devices and email/webmail clients to access the same mailbox and check, send and receive email, which is not available with POP3 connection.
7. If you choose account setup, enter the following server details:
8. Once all the details are filled, click .
9. After that, type in your password for the email address you are connecting and click :
10. If all the settings are correct, you will receive the following message.
You may come across the following error while setting up an email account set up in Outlook: “Something went wrong. We couldn’t connect to the incoming (IMAP) server. Please check the incoming (IMAP) server settings and try again“. In this case, please make sure the settings you use match the ones in the guideline. If so, please try disabling your antivirus/firewall – these features might block the connection to the mail server due to their configuration. If that is the case, configure the application so it functions without affecting email. Should any questions arise, feel free to contact our Support Team for further assistance.
In order to of an existing email account, follow these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2019 on your device.
2. Go to the tab page and click on :
3. Select the mailbox in question and click :
4. In the next window, click on , check and click on :
5. On the next page, you will see incoming and outgoing server settings.
Make sure all of them are set properly. If any information is set incorrectly, update it for both and configurations:
6. Once all details for the outgoing connection are updated, click :